In 1914, the Lanigan Funeral Home was located at 658 Linden Avenue, next to the Union Railroad Building. In January 1929 John H. died, and in 1930 his widow, Bridget O'Hara Lanigan, became one of the first women in Pennsylvania to become a Licensed Funeral Director. She contracted to build the funeral home at its present location in 1937 and in 1938, the Lanigan Funeral Home was opened at 700 Linden Avenue.
John G. "Jack" Lanigan, the only child of John H. and Bridget, returned home after World War II to operate the funeral home. He was a 1937 graduate of Duquesne University and a 1938 graduate of the Cincinnati School of Embalming. He served as a funeral director until his death in 1963. Upon Jack's death, his wife, Emily Thomas Lanigan, became a Licensed Funeral Director and served until her death in 1975. Since then, their son, Patrick T. Lanigan, has served as a third-generation funeral director.
In September, 1997, Patrick completed the purchase of the Knee Funeral Home in Turtle Creek to provide flexibility to the families throughout Turtle Creek Valley and Monroeville.
On November 21, 2007, the Lanigan Family completed the purchase of the John L. Quinlan Funeral Home, Inc. in Turtle Creek. We are honored and equally humbled to continue the service that Jack Quinlan began in 1936, and return the firm to family, local ownership.